Solved

Seat reservation - name on ticket

• 15 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Dear community, I have a question regarding my seat reservation. I booked a seat reservation for the train from Lyon (France) to Barcelona (Spain). Since the printed ticket for the seat reservation will be delivered after starting my journey and I will already be at a friend's place at that time, I had to indicate his name and his address as the delivery address. With this post, I just wanted to make sure that the name indicated on the seat reservation ticket will be my name, not his name? My name was automatically chosen as the traveller's name during the booking process, however, I wanted to make sure that everything will be okay with the ticket. Thank you in advance for your replies!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 March 2022, 11:49

View original

7 replies

And there’s another question related to this topic. What happens if no one is at home on the day the ticket is supposed to be delivered? Thank you again for your answers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The delivery address is distinct from the passenger, so that should be fine.

As far as I know, the reservation will be delivered by registered mail, so if nobody is there, I suspect you'll find a notice that delivery will be tried again or where you can collect it.

By the way, this reservation can also be bought from Deutsche Bahn.

Thank you very much for your reply @rvdborgt ! Just a short question, you mentioned that the reservation can be bought from Deutsche Bahn. How is this possible if it’s a ticket from France to Spain?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just a short question, you mentioned that the reservation can be bought from Deutsche Bahn. How is this possible if it’s a ticket from France to Spain?

Because DB sell a lot of tickets and reservations for all over Europe, also for journeys not involving Germany. E.g. also Interrail reservations for domestic trains in Spain.

Unfortunately, DB currently don't sell Interrail reservations for domestic trains in France (since more than a year). That may change again but I don't know when.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To the utter surprise of many a young newbee: as a heritage from the past, when everyone simply used trains to travel to far away corners of this continent, at that time ANY railways could sell tickets and if needed make REServ. for about any other national state railway anywhere in EUR-and even some beyond. DB has cling to that tradition when there was still Bundesbahn and reichsbahn  (in the old DDR), as far as is possible. Its mainly all these new and anybody invents his/her own systems that makes it sometimes so damn difficult today

That’s good to know, thank you very much for this information! However, I don’t understand why Interrail doesn’t inform about this option on their website? Would have made things much easier for me… 

Dear community, I have a question regarding my seat reservation. I booked a seat reservation for the train from Lyon (France) to Barcelona (Spain). Since the printed ticket for the seat reservation will be delivered after starting my journey and I will already be at a friend's place at that time, I had to indicate his name and his address as the delivery address. With this post, I just wanted to make sure that the name indicated on the seat reservation ticket will be my name, not his name? My name was automatically chosen as the traveller's name during the booking process, however, I wanted to make sure that everything will be okay with the ticket. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Yes the name on the printed ticket will be your name.