Solved

Seat reservation needed but "Prices temporarily unavailable" always - why? what can I do?

Hello! I have an eurail pass for my family of 6 and now in the process of making the seat reservations required. I am having trouble booking the train from Torino to Roma Tiburtina (FR 9583) on August 15 2022. There is a “Prices temporarily unavailable” message and I can not make my reservation. What does it mean? Is it sold out? Is it too early? What can I do in this particular case?.The same happens in alternative routes for this day, and in most of our 5 days of plan trips during 1 month. Thanks in advance for your tips!!
icon

Best answer by Claudi. 9 August 2022, 09:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ar you trying to book via eurail.com?

Italian day trains can be booked cheaper via ÖBB. Do NOT use the "Seat only” option but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount to each passenger, using these steps. Price is 60€ in total, I just checked and the 8:10 from Torino has prices. There's no rush, since it is still almost 4 months away.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I understand that this information is too late to be useful, but just in case any other travelers are running into the same problem: the prices were likely unavailable because the journey is too far in the future. Most trains can only be booked max 2-3 months before the date of departure. The only exception to this is the Eurostar which you can reserve up to 6 months in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most trains can only be booked max 2-3 months before the date of departure. The only exception to this is the Eurostar which you can reserve up to 6 months in advance. 

@Claudi. 

Thalys 4 months

ÖBB NightJet 180 days

DB 180 days

SNCF up to 4 months