Solved

Seat reservation not available Vienna to Munich 28 August

• 2 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have paid for tickets from Vienna to Munich on 28 August via RJX booked through OBB. However, I am unable to buy the seats and the obb website says “Tickets not available” .I have checked for other timings for the direct route via RJX and all of them have the same message. My train departure at 8am is busy and there is a message warning that there will be no seats if I do not reserve them. I have also tried buying the seats through DB and it has the same message that ‘reservation not possible’ .

Are the trains really filled to the brim already and I will have to cancel the tickets and look for alternatives with connections that seem to have seats ? 

Or should is there some track works resulting in delays in making seats reservations possible? 

Appreciate your help and advice pls! Have  good day !

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 2 July 2023, 06:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's weird indeed, I'm not able to book seat reservations on a few other days as well.

However don't worry, the train is definitely not full so far in advance. As you said, there may be engineering works or they don't know yet the exact train composition.

(Just adding that seat reservations are optional on this train, like most European trains. You're always allowed to board and can look for an unreserved or untaken seat, shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise you may have to swap seats along the way but it is rare to stand, esp. not on a Monday frankly.)

Check in a few days or weeks I'd say.

Enjoy your trip !