Solved

Seat reservation, only one left but need two

Hi everyone,

We have the first class Eurail pass and we just started our journey (1st time Eurail pass users).

Me and my wife had booked a trip from Milan to Visp for today (just before noon), which needed seat reservation. When I went to the station this morning, they said only one seat can be reserved (which I did) and the train is full.

Do you know how the process works for the second seat reservation? They said come back at 9 and see if a seat is available but I don’t know if it is something that happens regularly or not.

Thanks for your help!

Mehrdad

icon

Best answer by seewulf 13 August 2021, 09:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When the train is full the train is full :/ there is no option for the second person :/ 

My suggestion take the reservation free regional train from Milan to Domodossola with connection further to Brig/Visp :)

Thank you very much. Sounds good. Good learning lesson for us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you very much. Sounds good. Good learning lesson for us!

These reservations are the backside of the Pass experience :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mehrdad  is Visp the final Destination? Or where are you heading? Zermatt,Spiez,Interlaken?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here a Reservation free Route from Milan (Attention its not Centrale) to Brig (the 2nd train goes further via Spiez to Bern) 

@seewulf No, Zermatt is the final destination. We have a short (30 min stop) at Milan (currently on the train from Florence). We will see if we can get another first class ticket.

if not, it seems we have to use the regional trains (an  additional 2-3 stops😊😖).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In Brig you can already change for the train up to Zermatt :) 

The Eurocities have the connection in Visp :) regionaltrains in Brig :)

Thanks, @seewulf ! Great point! Yes, probably that makes the most sense. Thanks a lot for taking the time and helpful replies. I really appreciate that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks, @seewulf ! Great point! Yes, probably that makes the most sense. Thanks a lot for taking the time and helpful replies. I really appreciate that!

Enjoy your trip and the nice stunning view :) 

@seewulf  thank you so much! Stay safe and well!