Solved

Seat Reservation Oslo - Bergen - Oslo "Issuer Number" is wrong - What can I do now?

• 15 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,
I'm doing my first Interrail trip through Scandinavia this summer. I've already made a few seat reservations. However, on the reservations for the routes from Oslo to Bergen and Bergen to Oslo, there is a number under "Issuer" that I do not know. I definitely didn't specify this when ordering. I have given my Interrail pass number. The number on the reservations is not the passport number. Does anyone have experience with seat reservations for these routes? Is the number made up of something? Otherwise, can I contact Interrail directly - if this is the wrong number? Is there a direct email or phone contact from Interrail?

Thank you in advance and greetings
Benjamin

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 April 2023, 23:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no phone number for Interrail.

What kind of number do you see for issuer? Is it a 4-digit code? That would be the standard code for the party who issued the reservation.

But there's no need to worry as long as the date and the train are correct.

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I'm just confused because my name was always on the other seat reservations. But not on these two routes.
Under "Issuer" is CIV and then four numbers. But if that's normal, I'm reassured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I'm just confused because my name was always on the other seat reservations. But not on these two routes.

My reservations for Norway from last year don't have names on them either. I booked them directly through Entur (that's cheaper) and if Interrail also book through hem, then that may be the reason. Train tickets and reservations were generally not nominal until quite recently.

Under "Issuer" is CIV and then four numbers. But if that's normal, I'm reassured.

Yep, that's the standard issuer code.

My reservations for Norway from last year don't have names on them either. I booked them directly through Entur (that's cheaper) and if Interrail also book through hem, then that may be the reason. Train tickets and reservations were generally not nominal until quite recently.

Thank you for the info. That calms me. I've heard of Entur. Is it only possible to order Interrail tickets by phone there, or is it also possible to order by e-mail or directly online? Here via Interrail, some trains aren't even available yet or reservations don't work...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've heard of Entur. Is it only possible to order Interrail tickets by phone there, or is it also possible to order by e-mail or directly online? Here via Interrail, some trains aren't even available yet or reservations don't work...

You call them but also use the chat on their website.