Solved

Seat reservation Prague

Hi,

I intend to buy the night train from Bratislava Hlavna Stanica to Prague Hlavni Nadrazi on EN476 train on 16/06 at 10:06 pm. On the app it appears as direct train and I need to book a seat. As you can see in my screenshots, the price for the reservation seat is from 3€ but on the interrail website the first option costs 40€. Taking this into account I went directly to the cd.cz site and realized that there was no possibility to buy a seat 6 bed compartment or only the seat without a bed. This happens not only in this day but all the trips I have searched. I tried to book a seat from Bratislava to Breclav and from Breclav to Prague, this way it is possible to book only one seat for less than 5€. 
- Can I buy these 2 tickets and travel continuously?
- Does this route count as 1 day of travel or 2? Since the train is the same that starts at 22h06 and I never have to switch trains...
- Is there a reason for such a long stop in Breclav, 2h30?
- How do they track the number of days consumed on digital pass?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 May 2022, 15:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's a direct train (also on cd.cz) and will only use one travel day. But you're a bit too early I think. It looks like reservations have not been opened yet. Try a again when it's less than 60 days in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is NOT a ´train´ as such, but a few cars that in Breclav=the old border stop from CZ to AT and now also (but not in use) for CZ and the split off SK.

The long stop is to give the pax, the train as such is also meant for Budapest-Prahy to give a night rest long enough. THere will also be cars/wagons detached for places in PL and there will also be cars shunted coming from Wien/AT. Be aware-there may be thieves coming on too-though after a brief pause to let people off most cars are set aside=you cannot get out/in then

In my knowledge you do no even need to make a RES-just do it only from Breclav and sit in that seat from BL. Its all optional.

Ive never used a mobile pass, on a paper pass it should be no prob for 1 travelday. But there have been soms mishaps reported (but about any possible mishap sooner or later will appear) with that mobile app for such trips.

IF you use traveldays-consider /find what a advance ticket would cost-probably much less as 20€. Also try slovakrail: the original idea is to use always the railway from the country you are in. In fact I am highly surprised they even offer RES now already for >3 month-way over what used to be as last date.

IF junior+student<26 or senior>65 you probably also still can get a free fotocard to travel for free on local trains IN SK on ZSR-bring passp. foto -you still have to get tickets for 0 ct. for every trip though.

It's a direct train (also on cd.cz) and will only use one travel day. But you're a bit too early I think. It looks like reservations have not been opened yet. Try a again when it's less than 60 days in advance.

Hi rvdborgt,

Thank you for answer.

My bad, I meant to say June, month 6.