Skip to main content

Hii, I have a question, when I want to book a seat reservation for a night train from Bologna to Lecce, the box says: "Prices temporarily unavailable Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation." But I have been checking for the past few days and I keep getting this error. Is there a reason that I can't book this train reservation? Should I just keep trying? I would like to know what to do because it's very important that I catch this train!!

The train ride is: Bologna Centrale to Lecce on Saturday 8/10/2022 departing from Bologna Centrale at 23:39 and arriving in Lecce the next day at 8:50 am. The train number is INI755 (IntercityNotte).

I’ve added a screenshot of the website, I’ve also tried booking the train via the OBB website that others have recommended but there it also says ”ticket not available”.

I really hope someone can help! 

Eva

I don’t know why these sites are showing no availability. Trenitalia is showing this train as available but at full price and a much later arrival time. A single berth in a cabin will cost about 80 euro.

I don’t know if Trenitalia can process IR passes.

That train is far from full. Trenitalia still offers Super Economy fares in all comfort categories.

Unfortunately, the only way to book Italian night trains online with a pass is via Interrail (with 2€ booking fee and sometimes the wrong category is booked).

This train can also be booked via phone or at the ticket office of DB, ÖBB, NMBS and maybe even NS.

Edit: I forgot, Italiarail can also still book Italian night trains. Use this link:

https://partners.italiarail.com/default?force_pass=true&aff=EURAIL

A seat is 3€ plus 1€ Italiarail booking fee.

That train is far from full. Trenitalia still offers Super Economy fares in all comfort categories.

Unfortunately, the only way to book Italian night trains online with a pass is via Interrail (with 2€ booking fee and sometimes the wrong category is booked).

This train can also be booked via phone or at the ticket office of DB, ÖBB, NMBS and maybe even NS.

Edit: I forgot, Italiarail can also still book Italian night trains. Use this link:

https://partners.italiarail.com/default?force_pass=true&aff=EURAIL

A seat is 3€ plus 1€ Italiarail booking fee.

Thanks for the link - It seemed Italiarail wanted to keep it secret when I tried to find how to get only a reservation.

Has not this It-rail stoppend doing RES only? Report from some monthes ago.

As usual links/info from InterRail itself is often not updated.

Has not this It-rail stoppend doing RES only? Report from some monthes ago.

I could get to the payment page on their website.

The Italiarail offering for passholders on night trains is different to that given by interrail (and trainitalia for regular fares).

Italiarail give prices for berths in couchettes, 3 and 2 sleepers, all sharing, where the others offer coucette berths and sole occupancy sleepers.

Is sharing with strangers in sleepers actually an option on these trains?

Of note, it is more often than not cheaper to book solo sleeper as a regular fare on Trenitalia than the passholder supplement from interrail.

Hello! Please be kindly informed that the carrier's website shows the regular ticket availability and doesn't take into account the Pass holders seats. If you are still experiencing issues, please try a different date or time.