Solved

seat reservation (trenitalia/ eurostar) with a physical interrail pass

Hey trying to book Seat reservations through italy and france so that my trip doesnt take 24 hours, but when giving the passwordet information, my physical pass cover number doesnt work. Help!!!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 13 July 2023, 23:28

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's weird, did you use interrail.eu and added the pass correctly ? You need to choose between adding a mobile or a paper one. If that doesn't work, contact customer support -> https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Otherwise there are often better places to book than interrail.eu (2€ fee per person per train).

For trains within Italy use tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee and no number needed) : add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets.

For the Eurostar this link (4€ per order) : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

For TGVs within France (4€ too) : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

You could also call SNCF (no fee).

If you have other questions, mention travel date and route.

Hi, i just used the railplanner app, and went to book a ticket by pressing the “how and when to book” text, next to a particular train schedule. From there i just go with one of the options that ARENT eurrail. (Ive experienced problems with it before such as is cant find destinations)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can't book seats on Rail Planner. Indeed it redirects you to other websites.

Which trains would you like to take specifically ?

Please note that there is a quota for passholders on Eurostar trains and it can sell out well in advance (especially out of London).

There is currently a bug on interrail.eu for the Milan/Barcelona - Paris TGVs. You can't book any train even if they're not sold out... solution : wait a few days or call SNCF.

So if i shouldnt book from the links on the railplanner app, What websites would be better to book? (My trip is from venice SL->milan P.G, milan Central->ventimiglia, ventimiglia->Nice ville, Nice ville→ Marseille st Charles, Marseille st Charles→ Montpellier st roch.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Venice - Milan (most trains go to Centrale, some to PG) : 13€ on ÖBB (see above)

Milan - Ventimiglia : 3€ ÖBB

Ventimiglia - Nice : TER regional train, seat reservation not possible

Nice - Marseille : reservation-free TER or TGV for 10€ (limited fare) or 20€. Both take the same time.

Marseille - Montpellier : reservation-free TER or slightly faster Intercités for 10-20€

Within France use this link for TGVs and Intercités : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

However you can easily avoid those costs by taking the TERs. You've also got more flexibility : simply add the train to the diary before you board [edited].

What do you mean by “reservation free TVR”? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Those are regional trains (Train Express Régional). Hop on and sit wherever you want. Seat reservations are not possible for anyone. To find space go to the train's ends as people are lazy and mostly board in the middle.

[Edited]

On top of that you sometimes need to add mandatory reservations (fast Frecciarossa between Venice and Milan or the IC train to Ventimiglia for example). This varies per country.

Adding a qr code to my app isnt possible with a paper interrail global ticket though. Or at least thats my experience with the app (Rail Planner i presume)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes my bad I forgot that you had a paper pass…

Then you log into the diary each train you'd like to take, whether they require seat reservations or not. This is enough for the TER regional trains.

In some cases you need to add a mandatory seat reservation : you can almost always make it online. On the train you then show your pass + the seat reservation on your phone (PDF).

Ive trues to go onto the oebb website to reserve a Seat from venice to Milan, but it States that a reservation isnt possible. This means that the train already is fully booked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Unlikely that it is sold out. When would you like to travel ?

And did you follow the correct process ? Adding the discount and selecting one-way tickets afterwards

Im travelling monday at 6 am hopefully. I didnt a discount, but i selected a one Way Seat ticket 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For trains within Italy use tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee and no number needed) : add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets.

Then you need to follow what I've written. It is a bit counterintuitive but it's the way it works.

Still shows the train ride as unreservable? I dont know what this could come from, as the Rail Planner app says its a train that requires a seat reservation. So maybe it just is sold out, which does Seem unlikely for the trip. ( also the following trains going the same route Arent reservable)

by the Way im sorring these things out on mobile. I dont have access to any computers…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't know what you're doing wrong…

All trains I can find are available right now on ÖBB (from my mobile)

Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount, click confirm and then select one-way tickets. You should see a price tag of 13€ for Frecciarossa or 3€ for IC.

If you're trying to book multiple trains at once, try separately.

Im looking at the 6:18 train from venezia Santa Lucia to milano GP with the right things selected ( interrail/eurail global and one Way ticket) and it tells me that the fare is unavailable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Using those details I get availability on those services.

Are you sure you are selecting one way tickets instead of seat reservation only as that is the only way I can replicate your non available result?

No i do that too. I presume the best Way to go from here is to Call costumer service for oebb. See if that Can help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Try private navigation and restarting your phone maybe. Could you share a screenshot of what's happening too ?

Private navigation means…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On your browser, incognito mode or private navigation (same thing).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also try the ÖBB Tickets app. There you need to do the same: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and choose "One-way tickets”. Both the website and the app are working for me.