Solved

Seat reservation villach - rijeka

• 23 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I would like to reserve a seat on the train from VILLACH HBF (AUSTRIA) - RIJEKA (CROATIA) for the 18th of September, departure time 04:20 AM. (travel time = 5h and 7m) 

Now the problem has occured that I can find this journey in the railway planner, but it doesn’t show up at the seat reservation sector. How am I able to reserve a seat on that train?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 24 August 2021, 10:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Bestway is to call Austrian Rail or a well experienced Ticket office as the train is a Nighttrain from Munich via Villach/Lubljana to Rijeka :) and ÖBB doesnt sell reservations for this “short” journey online :/

Thank you for your reply! I found a ticket for the night train from Munich to Rijeka (the route I was looking for). If I buy a ticket for the full trip am I still aloud to board at Villach or is it mandatory to board at Munich?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for your reply! I found a ticket for the night train from Munich to Rijeka (the route I was looking for). If I buy a ticket for the full trip am I still aloud to board at Villach or is it mandatory to board at Munich?

Reservations are usually just valid for 15minutes after depature :/ This means that the conductor could sell your seat if you aren´t on your seat after Munich once more (for example for LastMinute passengers in Salzburg)  :/

I was already affraid that would be the case, thank you so much for your help you are the kindest. I’ll find another way to get from Venice to Rijeka :)