Solved

Seat Reservation with Mobile Pass

• 10 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello fellow travellers,

I´m planing a few trips in the new future and a few trips require a seat reservation. Now to my problem:

I bought a mobile pass and I´m using the Interrail Planner app. If i now want to book reservations i have to enter the country I want to travel within and make a reservation. So far so good. Right under the search bar the app asks me to choose wether I have a mobile or paper pass when I choos the mobile pass option and enter a country like the netherlands i get a few options for the major railway companies like DB or DSB but not for the official Interrail website. If I then enter France I only get the option to do the reservation in person but if I choose the paper Pass option I can use the online booking function with Interrail. Can I ignore this differntiation between paper and mobile pass and just book all reservations via the Interrail website or do I have to book all the seats in person?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 April 2022, 19:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For France, the app shows booking via Eurail/Interrail for both versions of the pass. For the paper pass, it also shows booking via NMBS/SNCB, which you can also do with a mobile pass if you request a pass cover code via customer service.

Jasper G …  were you successful in getting a pass cover code from customer service, I am having the same issue. I can not make a reservation on travel.b-europe.com without a 8 digit passcover code.

My pass # is only 6 digits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja, could you supply a pass cover number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sure, @JasperG can you please provide me with your order number via private message? 
Dave, thanks for providing your order number. I just sent you a Pass Cover number. 

@Nanja im travelling tomorrow, i need pass cover number for my pass too, could you please help, thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Brendon Gan-Le Now it is to late (if you take tomorrow the train), to get a pass cover number. If you need a reservation, go directly to the ticket office of the train station and take a reservation. If you are lucky there are seats left. On wich route are you travelling? 

@Brendon Gan-Le Now it is to late (if you take tomorrow the train), to get a pass cover number. If you need a reservation, go directly to the ticket office of the train station and take a reservation. If you are lucky there are seats left. On wich route are you travelling? 

I travel the day after tomorrow, problem is we in Spain now, going to Lyon tmr and from Lyon to CDG. We need to book for Lyon to CDG, and we cannot access to French station til tomorrow, which afraid be too late 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On this route there are some direct trains, that are mostly already full in 2nd class. But you can take one of the often TGVs from Lyon to Paris Gare de Lyon, and from there you can take RER train (not included in you Eurail) to the Airport Paris CDG. 

Trains Lyon-CDG

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Book your French reservation via SNCF by phone. Press #85 for English, no booking fee, no pass cover number needed, reservation is sent via e-mail. Prices as in Anna's screenshot apply.