Seat reservations Brussels to Valence on 26/4 and Paris Gare du Nord to Amsterdam

• 16 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi

I've been trying to book my reservations for a traintrip from deventer (NL) to figueres vilafant (ES) and back. a lot of seat reservations are needed, but i seem not to be able to book the one from brussel to valence on 26/4/22 and one frome paris gare du nord to amsterdam on 6/5/22 .anyone have any ideas on how to book them alternitavely? it says ‘ No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that the train is fully booked for pass holders. Please try searching for another connection or find an alternative way to book. ‘ but i see no alternative way to book. anyone?

thank you for your trouble

regards, Bram

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are the departure times of those trains?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Die Thalys heeft per rit slechts beperkt plek voor pass-holders. Je kan veel meer kans op plek verkrijgen door elke rit tot BRussel te nemen en dan verder met de normale BNLux. OF met de binnenl. TGV/SNCF tot Lille (wandelen tussen de 2 stations=10 min.) en dan de uurdienst naar Antwrp en daar op de BNL. Duurt wel wat langer, scheelt stukken in prijs. Maar zelfs op die wijze zou je in 1 dag met zeer vroege start van ES naar Dvtr koekstad kunnen reizen.

Vilafant is in Espana en zoals in de country info staat (en waar zo ongeveer elke 2e/3e vragensteller hier over begint) BUItenlandse rit met TGV/AVE van ES naar FR kan niet online geboekt.

Hi

on 26/4 its

10:17
Brussel-Midi/Zuid
14:46
Valence TGV (Hoofdstation)

and on 6/5 its

17:25
Parijs Gare du Nord (Thalys)
20:25
Schiphol (Airport)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see availability for Paris Nord dep. 17:25 (30 + 2€ via Interrail) on 6 May but not for Brussels - Valence TGV dep. 10:17 on 26 April, although there are still no-flex normal fares available (although that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

You could call NMBS to check with them directly (no booking fees but phone costs; reservations are sent via email). Maybe first think about an alternative in case Brussels - Valence is indeed sold out.

Hoi

mijn probleem zit in het stuk van brussel naar valence op de heenweg en parijs naar amsterdam op de terugweg. ik had idd gezien dat veel mensen problemen hebben met reserveren voor spanje, maar daar doet ie bij mij iig niet moeilijk over. wel over de stukken van BE-FR en FR-NL dus. en wat ik zie is dit de enige mogelijkheid om op dezelfde dag over te komen. ik kan niet eerder uit deventer weg. ik heb handmatig zitten puzzelen, maar ik kom er niet uit. ik zit ook met nog 3 kinderen en een wat minder mobiele vrouw, dus veel overstappen of wandelen is niet handig. maar als het niet anders is… ik zit de nachttrein via basel te overwegen, duurt langer, maar kan ik wel in 1 keer boeken (ook niet onbelangrijk voor mij). ik heb al interrail voor een maand met 4 dagen dus daarmee moet ik het dan vlgs mij redden. maar suggesties zijn welkom. hartelijk dank

groet, Bram

Hi

i see no availability on may 6, 17:25 for Paris nord to amsterdam. what site are you using? im on the interrail.eu but maybe there's another site i could use?

for brussels-valence i do not really see an alternative, or not one on the same route. i could go through basel on the nighttrain, but that on is also fully booked for interrail passes i think. only option i can fully book for that day through interrail.eu seems to be one departing 3.02 pm till 11:34 am next day. this is 20 hours, compared to the 11 on my firts mention, thats alot. but maybe i have no alternative…

am i wrong in thinking the EU level of commitment to getting people out of a plane onto a train is not that high? cause id be over in little time, little money and little effort if id be on a plane. but i dont want that

regards Bram

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

i see no availability on may 6, 17:25 for Paris nord to amsterdam. what site are you using? im on the interrail.eu but maybe there's another site i could use?

Yep, that's where I looked:

But it seems there's only 2 seats left. For 3 seats or more I get the grey "!".

for brussels-valence i do not really see an alternative, or not one on the same route. i could go through basel on the nighttrain, but that on is also fully booked for interrail passes i think. only option i can fully book for that day through interrail.eu seems to be one departing 3.02 pm till 11:34 am next day. this is 20 hours, compared to the 11 on my firts mention, thats alot. but maybe i have no alternative…

So you would like to do Deventer - Figueres on 26/4 and Figueres - Deventer on 6/5?

am i wrong in thinking the EU level of commitment to getting people out of a plane onto a train is not that high? cause id be over in little time, little money and little effort if id be on a plane. but i dont want that

It's rather the railway companies who are limiting progress and who have been doing that for as long as I can remember (> 25 years in any case). The European Commission has given them until the end of the year to come up with meaningful improvements or else they will launch a legislative proposal (which is being prepared right now).

Yep, that's where I looked:

But it seems there's only 2 seats left. For 3 seats or more I get the grey "!".

that would be the problem, since ive got 3 kids and my wife in board

So you would like to do Deventer - Figueres on 26/4 and Figueres - Deventer on 6/5?

yes exactly

It's rather the railway companies who are limiting progress and who have been doing that for as long as I can remember (> 25 years in any case). The European Commission has given them until the end of the year to come up with meaningful improvements or else they will launch a legislative proposal (which is being prepared right now).

Okay, I hope that ll move things along