Solved

Seat Reservations from Zagreb to Split (Croatia)

• 16 June 2022
  • 9 replies

We want to travel from Zagreb to Split on the 07:35 train on 2nd July. In the Interrail reservation tool it’s saying reservations are required, but it won’t let me make a reservation. I get the same message if I search for the same journey on different days and at different times. Does this mean all the seats are reserved on all the trains?! Or will I be able to reserve seats at Zagreb Station when we arrive a couple of days before? Thanks for your help. Below is the message I’m seeing:

Prices unavailable
No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 16 June 2022, 19:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Youre decidedly not the only 1 and if you had taken half a minute to search you would have found that its ONLY possible at counter in Hrvatska, and for a ridiculous low price, IF there are seats at all-nr of trains has been drastically curbed and the demand is big as its the only remaining railline to the sunny coast. Most Croatians in the now take the bus-much faster and frequent.

Thanks for your help. That’s good to know about the bus as a backup plan!

We want to travel from Zagreb to Split on the 07:35 train on 2nd July. In the Interrail reservation tool it’s saying reservations are required, but it won’t let me make a reservation. I get the same message if I search for the same journey on different days and at different times. Does this mean all the seats are reserved on all the trains?! Or will I be able to reserve seats at Zagreb Station when we arrive a couple of days before? Thanks for your help. Below is the message I’m seeing:

Prices unavailable
No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board.

Hi! We have now the same issue! That’s why we decided to buy bus and waste a day o traveling with IR pass. Did you resolve your problem? Did you buy seat reservations in Croatia, in cash office?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi! We have now the same issue! That’s why we decided to buy bus and waste a day o traveling with IR pass. Did you resolve your problem? Did you buy seat reservations in Croatia, in cash office?

Last year in August, I booked a seat reservation in Zagreb just a few hours before departure of the 15:20 train to Split. It was no problem at all. For the 7:35 train, I imagine 24 hours in advance should work.

It was all fine. We booked our seats at Zagreb station when we arrived 2 days before. And the reservations were free too! The train was late and it was a long journey though, so you might get there quicker on the bus!

Thanks for answer! The only problem is that we gonna be only one day in Zagreb and in the same day we need to departure to Budapest so it may not be so easy as it was in your case. And yes - bus sounds like a better option, true! It’s just this is not why we bought IR pass though… but for sure we’ll never buy it again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

but for sure we’ll never buy it again!

You can thank Croatian railways for making their domestic trains unavailable to book abroad :(

but for sure we’ll never buy it again!

You can thank Croatian railways for making their domestic trains unavailable to book abroad :(

Sure. But still Interrail shouldn’t say at their website that is available. Plus no support from them after we purchased the tickets.

We’re now in the same problem, but whit the night train instead. We are going from Ljubljana to split, via Zagreb. That means that we will not be in Zagreb for more than a few hours before the train leaves for Split. 
Does anyone know if it’s the night trains are usually full or if we have to buy are regular ticket to be sure to have a seat on the train? 
Freja 😊