Skip to main content
Solved

Seat Reservations in Germany

• 15 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a seat reservation for Zurich HB to Munich HBF on the 25th of June from 11:33 to 15:04. There’s been a change/cancellations of some segments due to the storm damages. Part of my train is still covered but it’s where I get up to the part they had to cancel that I have concerns/questions. Are seat reservations required once I’m in Germany? I’m trying to determine if I’m okay or if I need to cancel the reservation I have now and rebook it. The only problem is Eurail hasn’t updated their trains so I don’t know which ones will actually be covered under the pass. 

2 replies

Oh! I have reached out to the train operator via email about this. I just would like to see what people would do. thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Indeed there's been a landslide and part of the route is closed until early July.

Follow DB Navigator app. The train should run until Lindau-Reutin. Then either you switch to a replacement bus or take regional trains via Kempten (could be busy).

The bus timetables for 25th June isn't online yet but it should be the same as today:

- EC Zürich HB - Lindau-Reutin 11:33 - 13:08

- Bus Lindau-Reutin - München ZOB (Hackerbrücke) 13:20 - 15:40

- from the bus station take any S-Bahn towards the city center

Seat reservations are not required. You could even take the long way round via Stuttgart.