Solved

SNCB eurostar, missing reservation

• 17 May 2023
  • 1 reply

fyi, I’ve contacted both eurail/interrail, and SNCB (b-europe.com) already. Eurail said it’s not their issue to deal with, as it was booked through b-europe, and I’m waiting for a response from b-europe.

The issue:
I booked a seat reservation on the eurostar, throug b-europe.com. The transaction went through, it appears on my card statement, yet I haven’t received the reservation. I’ve contacted customer service to try and track it down. It's been 7 days since the purchase.

My main concern is that the other reservations are sold out for that day already. It’s the last day of my pass, and this was my train back home, so I’m not able to travel a different day instead. Hopefully b-europe can track down the issue. My question is, what are my options if they don’t?

I already have travel insurance, and the purchase was on a credit card, so I can pursue this through my bank as well. However, currently I’m going to be kind of stranded with no way to get back. If I had to book a full-price eurostar ticket, would I be able to claim the costs back? Or likewise if I had to stay an extra night somewhere? I’m a bit concerned I could end up £100’s out of pocket, when I booked a valid reservation plenty ahead of time.

Does anyone have any successful stories or advice about dealing with SNCB or interrail with this sort of thing?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 May 2023, 14:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Give them a call, at +32 2 801 90 10 (normal rate). They should be able to find your booking via your email or a booking reference (if you received one).