Solved

Sofia-Istanbul night train

• 13 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am planning to travel by night train from Sofia to Istanbul, but according to information from the Bulgarian Railways, buying tickets is only possible at the international ticket office of the train station. So, is there any possibility to buy the tickets in advance since I don't plan to stay in Sofia (in the morning I will arrive and leave for Istanbul in the afternoon), and I am afraid that the tickets will be sold out on the day of the trip?

Thank you in advance,

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 September 2022, 15:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Except on Fridays and Sundays, this train usually has available places.

You could try booking via an international ticket office outside of Bulgaria but success is not guaranteed. Deutsche Bahn should be able to book this train but you'd still have to pick up the reservation in Germany or have it sent to you via the post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Plus that there are not that many other trainlinks INto BG: which also means you either do not use train into BG or have miscalculated. Hi season is by now def over, but if you hit the odd negative, also still plenty of buses-overnite, from just outisde its Gara Centralna.

Hello! The Sofia-Istanbul Express runs in both directions, every day in the evening. You can book your seat reservations at the train station in Sofia and Istanbul. :)