Solved

St. Lazare train station

• 23 February 2023
  • 6 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

I am arriving in Paris on the Eurostar from London and need to change to the St. Lazare station to get to Bayeux.  I have one hour between trains.  I read that the St. Lazare station is difficult to find.  Is that plenty of time and can someone let me know the best way to get from one station to the other please?  It looks like they are close but I am uncertain about train travel and want to be the best prepared I can be.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by MartinM 28 February 2023, 16:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Do you know google maps? 
It tells that by walking it should be 25mins (if you walk fast can be done in 20). By public transport in 18, but if you have to buy a ticket, walking will be the more fast option 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Do you know google maps? 

Hi @MartinM 

Let me remind you that we prefer to extend a cordial welcome to new members. I realize this may seem like a simple query, but it's possible that some members have advice for @debbie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Camilo. that’s why I asked if she knows google maps and gave her already the answer that google maps delivered.
Sorry if it sounded bad, will try to write it more nice in the future ^^.

Have a good day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Camilo. that’s why I asked if she knows google maps and gave her already the answer that google maps delivered.
Sorry if it sounded bad, will try to write it more nice in the future ^^.

Have a good day!

Thank you for reacting so quickly! 

Have a nice day too :)

Ya’ll have been incredibly helpful!  I can’t thank you enough as I truly don’t think I could have figured all this out without your help.  One more question - is there a way to determine what level of St. Lazare is the Train 3313 to Bayeaux?  Obviously, I am nervous about making the connection and trying to alleviate any questions I have to make the transfer the easiest it can be. and Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I suppose you mean the station Bayeux?
If yes, then this train departs from the ground level. The exact platform will be only announced maybe 20mins before departure, but as you have so or so a short connection, it will be (in normal case) already visible on your arrival. 
Usually there are big crowds waiting until the platform gets announced and then moves. 
From underground platforms only some RER (local trains) depart.

If you don’t have the last train of the day to Bayeux, I wouldn’t worry about the connection - there are (almost) hourly trains until 18.59… (at least for the day I checked).