Solved

Stockholm - Hamburg EuroNight Train will only consist of couchette cars

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I just found out that the Stockholm - Hamburg EuroNight Train will only consist of couchette cars.
https://www.sj.se/en/travel-info/sj-euronight/cancelled-journeys.html

My friend I already booked our reservation for a seat car. We will be using an EU Interrail Ticket Global Pass and therefore only have the reservation and not a ticket itself.

The news update explains that if our journey is cancelled we will be informed one week before our trip. This is honestly an incredible short notice and we would like to search for alternatives if we are affected.

Is there any information if our ticket will be canceled before that? Is it possible to use a different train and reschedule to that one even if it takes longer?
We already started a chat with SJ customer support. They told us that the train is already full so we can no rebook to the couchette cars reservation. If we want a refund for the reservation of 34€ per person we would need to contact Inter Rail where we book the reservation but we were not able to find a way to do so?

Best Regards,

Kai

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 August 2022, 21:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you still want to travel, SJ are obliged to offer alternatives without extra costs. What do they offer?

If you want to cancel your reservation, then SJ doesn't have any obligations anymore.

Interrail customer service can be contacted via this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Thanks for your answer!
Below was the answer to the question if he can rebook us. For me it sounded like the “ican rebook” was a typo but I will start a new chat tomorrow to verify this.
We are currently not officially cancelled but news article sounded like it is only a matter of time.

The answer to my last question was no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Depending on what time you have, which other of course oso urgent other bookings and traveldays: best ALT is lve STO later on the overnite (NOT sat/sun!) to Malmö-Oresundt till Köpenhamn och videre med DSB till Hambyrk/HH, arr around lunchtime

OR lve earlier-like last train X2000 till Malm [maybe even on to Köp)-then the not that comfy as early sept to connect into the overnite direct (seats only anyway) to HH will not run anymore-in fact this SJ train will take that timings. Change again Kolling or Fredericia

OR check snalltaget-runs ev 2nd day same route-RES cost even more, but takes passes, but I guess that will also be solid full after this news.

It is true that refunds are always via where you bought the ticket. I did mine directly on SJ.se. Surcharge was about 15€ for passholders. This domestic STo-Mal cost 34sek extra for seated.

Many more people were duped when airlines started to cancel flites-due to overcrowded airports-this again due to serious staff shortages- in summer. Often also with very little advance notice.

Yes-INterRail has changed since these fones came-noone would have blinked an eye in the past-they were not doing all bookings weeks advance, got no serious panic when things went different and were even often able to find ALT all by themselves in the timetable boox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

One alternative, better chance of getting some sleep but considerably longer is via Ferry Trellborg - Rostock. It would mean leaving Stockholm at 15.22, arriving Hamburg 09.38 or 10.15 depending on connections.