Solved

Strikes in the Netherlands

• 8 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

Interrail just announced relay strike action that will impact rail networks across the Netherlands on the 9th, 13th and 15th of September which affect my travels and I don’t know what to do now and need advice.

Interrail states: “There will be no trains throughout the Netherlands on these days.”

On the 9th I’ll travel from Berlin to Amsterdam, will this also be cancelled, how do I know?

On the 15th I’ll travel from Amsterdam to Paris and the Thalys website does not state that these trains are cancelled (only a few due to construction), so how do I know if it is cancelled or not? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 September 2022, 11:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

DB already has information online about tomorrow:

https://www.bahn.de/service/fahrplaene/aktuell

NS also:

https://www.nsinternational.com/en/overview-service

The statement "There will be no trains throughout the Netherlands on these days.” is incorrect by the way. Not only some ICEs will be running but since this strike only affects NS, other operators will also be running. But most Interrailers don't go there of course.

Thalys is running under NS in the Netherlands and will not be running between Brussels and Amsterdam tomorrow. If the other strikes go ahead, then I'd expect the same on those days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As for now Tls has only definitively announced for 9/9=tomorrow, but anyone expects them to do same-same for the other dates.

I would not hold my breath if it will go as rian tells-even though this was the case in the previous round of strikes. You could go on DB by ICE via Duisburg-and hope/check if there is then an ICE to AMS-or at least the hourly slow RE19 to Arnhem-where you then will get stranded (99 kms before AMS).

IF you really cannot change dates-be wise, check if there is still some seat on whatever bus (you pay) FLIX or maybe even blabla- to reach AMS from DUisburg/Dússeldorf or close by.