Solved

Supplement Amsterdam to London

• 7 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there, 

Just wanted to double check whether or not I need a supplement to travel from Amsterdam to Rotterdam (I am travelling from Amsterdam Centraal to London) as it suggests in the Eurail planner app? I am just a little confused as I have gotten mixed information, with some people saying yes and some people saying that's old information. I tried to book a supplement online and it only gives Rotterdam and Schipol as options for starting stations and no option for Amsterdam. 

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 7 July 2023, 07:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unless you are travelling to/from Schiphol you don't need to pay any supplement. 

So that means that if I am taking Eurostar from Amsterdam to London, there is no need for a supplement? Supplement is only if I were to travel to the airport?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The supplement for the "IC Direct” between Rotterdam and Schiphol is only needed with domestic tickets. The Eurail pass is an international ticket, so no supplement is needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just to add : you need a mandatory seat reservation for the Eurostar. This has nothing to do with the IC Direct supplement which you don't need anyway.

- 35€ Amsterdam - London

- 30€ Brussels - London

This train has a limited quota for passholders and capacity in the security terminal is very limited in Amsterdam Centraal. You may find more seats from Rotterdam or Brussels.

When would you like to travel ? Check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish and do not hesitate for questions.

EDIT : I think you already know all that. Everything has been explained in your last thread.

Yep that's all good. I already reserved my seat a few months back. Was just trying to understand the supplement. Thank you!