Skip to main content
Solved

Supplement from Utrecht to Düsseldorf

• 12 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I am planning to travel from Utrecht to Düsseldorf. The rail planner shows Supplement required.

Does anyone know how much would cost for the supplement and can I pay it on board? Any other way to pay will be cheaper? I have 1st class Global Pass.

Thank you for the help.

Xufang

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need a supplement when travelling with Interrail/Eurail. The supplement is for domestic Dutch travellers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You don't need a supplement when travelling with Interrail/Eurail. The supplement is for domestic Dutch travellers.

Thank you Anna! 
Could you please tell me where can I find this information on Eurail? On the planner, it clear said ‘The train is included in your Pass but also requires a supplement'

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt I guess that you know more about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, 

the Railplanner App often says things that are not true. Like in this case. It happens that the data is not correct implemented.

You only need a compulsory reservation in summer.

Via DB 5,20€/journey, via Interrail/Eurail 6€+2€/train or via ÖBB for 3€/train. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

the Railplanner App often says things that are not true. Like in this case. It happens that the data is not correct implemented.

You only need a compulsory reservation in summer.

Via DB 5,20€/journey, via Interrail/Eurail 6€+2€/train or via ÖBB for 3€/train. 

Thank you Angelo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

The text about this supplement needs to disappear. With an international ticket, you don't need to pay a supplement. The supplement is only needed for some of the passengers with a domestic ticket.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all, 

Currently, there is a supplement required message shown in ICEs due to a Merits error. Regular ticket holders have to pay a supplement when using the ICE domestically within the Netherlands. However, this message also appears in our Planner. Please note that this does not apply to Passholders.

The issue has been addressed, and we are awaiting an external correction. We will keep you updated on any progress.

Have a nice week ahead!