Solved

TER train to Le Havre

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a eurail pass and am planning on going to Le Havre. The TER train from Paris to Le Havre requires seat reservations but I was not able to do it from eurail. Can I do it somehow though the SNCF website or do I have to purchase the reservation at the train station? There is an option on the SNCF website for €19 but I think this is a ticket not a seat reservation. Is this what I need to purchase? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 August 2022, 22:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These trains are not TER as such, but run as NoMad=Normandie. RES cost 1,50 and can easily be done at a SNCF machine-the ticket/slip you will then get can open the gates. NOT possible online. IF you cannot find it-go to counter (best in the region-ohter regions will hardly ever get this question

It is very, very rare that all seats will be RES, but it does not hurt to do it the day before.According to other sources RES is only needed at busy times-fri+mon, but others say this may be idfferent in summer. It is ONLY needed to/fro Paris (lazare). Is also for the other lines to Caen-Cherbourg and Granville.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

According to other sources RES is only needed at busy times-fri+mon, but others say this may be idfferent in summer.

It would really help if you could check before you write something. Until July, mandatory reservations were limited to Fri/Sat/Sunday but now they're mandatory every day.