Solved

TGV Munich - Paris. How do I book?

• 15 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone!

Can someone tell me how can I book a seat reservation on the TGV from Munich to Paris? I need to go on August 23rd at 6:46 (TGV 9576). However, I can’t book it anywhere, not even on the app or the Deutsche Bahn website.

Please if you can, let me know what I can do.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 August 2022, 20:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Rail pass reservations for these trains are no longer sold online by DB, so the booking options for rail pass users on these trains are:

A quick check on IR reservations is showing availability in both 2nd and 1st class.

Thank you for the help!

However, when I try to book using the Interrail or the Eurail websites, they show the following message: “Prices unavailable - No price results were found. Pass holder reservations may be sold out for this connection, but there are other ways to check for available seats - more info below our timetable.” 

Does this mean the train is already sold out? Or is there an error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It can be so that Interrail only can sell these tickets as paper tickets and that the time frame until your travel is too short for a paper ticket to arrive.

@rvdborgt @Angelo Do you know if Interrail issue paper tickets for the TGV between Germany and France?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

TGV Germany - France is delivered as an electronic reservation by Interrail.

You can also call SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservation is sent via email.

For 23 August, it looks though like there are no pass holder seats left on this train. I get results for later dates, e.g. in September but not on 23 August.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF it is possible to arr in P later in the day-you can also save a bundle too:

In DE this train is treated as ICE-RES is optional only. Can go as far as Karlsruhe.

Go to Strasbourg-change Offenburg-use local train at least last short part.

Use French/SNCF TGV from S to P: ev. hour and not well-known, so much more chance on finding spare seats-maybe still even for the 10€ in quota.

IF you do not really want to visit P but go home-south of FR-ESpana-PT: use other TGV from Str to the south of France-Avignon-Narbonne-Perpignan-and go with local/regional trains till Barca. Again a few blue notes saved.