Solved

TGV seat reservation Paris- Turin; not possible to book this leg

Although I have carried out all the necessary steps to book, I am unable to book and pay for any train. In particular, I tried to book a Paris-Turin train for August 22nd and when confirming the payment it warned me that it was not possible to book the leg. However, I don't think this is due to the lack of seats on the train as it continues to be available on the site and some of my friends managed to book it after I tried it myself. I noticed that the problem concerns high-speed trains from france and also on the SNCF website it is not possible to book. How should i do? Wait to get there and book at the station praying for an available seat? I have already contacted support but I haven’t got an answer.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2022, 01:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There we go again-has been posted here 1234 times or more. you canNOT REServe seats in TGV over the border-via app ONLY for domestic=inland in FR.

The price for the supplmt for THIS train is among the very highest they dare to suck off: more as 50€.

IF youre lucky you maybe can still find seats at prezzi promozionale (you know better as I how they call it) by the new treni from TrenITalia also on this route-from 29€. And do not even need to use a passday too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There we go again-has been posted here 1234 times or more. you canNOT REServe seats in TGV over the border-via app ONLY for domestic=inland in FR.

@mcadv  There we go again: STOP spreading incorrect information and verify what you write. International TGV reservations can be booked via the Interrail website - if it works.

@Chiara D'Amico TGVs can also be booked by phone via SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fee, reservation is sent via e-mail.