TGV supplement

• 1 August 2021
  • 3 replies

hello, i will be travelling from paris to basel by tgv. the reservation itself is extremely expensive - around 30€ for 2nd class. besides that, the interrail app says that there will be a supplement required - this apparently means that i will have to pay some supplement at the station or on board. i can't find anywhere what this means or how much the supplement is. does anyone have any ideas?

MartinM 2 years ago

Hey Johanka,

the 30€ is the supplement incl. reservation. Nothing else needed.
Cheaper variant would have been to take a TGV from Paris to Mulhouse and then go by TER to Basel. Takes a bit longer, but price would be only 10€… Maybe you can still exchange it at the station? (I don’t know about exact exchange rules, but you could try).

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Johanka,

the 30€ is the supplement incl. reservation. Nothing else needed.
Cheaper variant would have been to take a TGV from Paris to Mulhouse and then go by TER to Basel. Takes a bit longer, but price would be only 10€… Maybe you can still exchange it at the station? (I don’t know about exact exchange rules, but you could try).

thank you Martin! i was comming here with exactly the same question as Johanka, thank you for clarification...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Johanka Michalová  there is a cheaper way just reserve the same train to Muhlhouse and use a regionaltrain to Basel you pay just 10€ 🙂 and loss maybe 20minutes as @MartinM  said.

Another Route goes via Strassbourg to Basel even with a regionaltrain from Strassbourg