Solved

Thalys disguised as intercity

• 17 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This looks very wrong:

@Camilo. @Mukhammad From a certain date, (some?) Thalys trains seem to be disguised as intercity. If this is not fixed soon, then there are going to be a lot of disappointed travellers.

The information in the app looks (still?) OK.

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 19 July 2023, 17:14

View original

5 replies

The second weird thing that’s happening in the Web-Gui with trains from France without seat reservation is that I’m getting results with apparently non existing trains like the TER50419 from Rouen that doesn’t show up on SNCF connect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can find TER50419 on SNCF Connect by searching trains between Rouen and Le Havre.

SNCF sometimes has the habit of not showing all trains or by saying that TER trains are “full” (while it is not possible). This in order to discourage people from taking trains at busy times (instead of putting more trains). In any case you are always allowed to board those trains with your Interrail pass and as TER tickets are valid all day people are able to get around that if they know the trick...

That’s not the case here though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The TER Rouen-Le Havre is shown on the SNCF website. It even has cheap tickets available.

Please, if you find another possible problem, or would like to discuss this TER further, then create a new topic.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This looks very wrong:

@Camilo. @Mukhammad From a certain date, (some?) Thalys trains seem to be disguised as intercity. If this is not fixed soon, then there are going to be a lot of disappointed travellers.

The information in the app looks (still?) OK.

@rvdborgt I also checked and it shows incorrectly in the website. While it looks fine in the App.

I'm reporting this now. Thank you again for letting us know!

FYI that Camilo is still in vacation. Feel free to tag also other moderators :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Good afternoon everyone!

I have already a good news from our reservation team. This issue has been solved since the timetable has been updated on both the self-service website and the rail planner app :)