Solved

Thameslink

• 4 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi there, I know Thameslink is included in the Interrail pass but I can’t find anyway to add their services to the pass via the Rail Planner app (going from Gatwick airport to Tottenham Hale). Is there any way to do this or will any inspector accept an Interrail ticket even if the journey hasn’t been added-I just want to avoid any potential trouble!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 4 September 2022, 19:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You add the details manually into your trip with as much information as possible including start station, finish station and scheduled time and then add to pass. You show this and the QR code etc to the inspector. 

In the UK we cannot scan the QR code but the displayed info will be enough. He may check pass validity date and the ticket date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Tottenham Hale isn’t served by Thameslink trains.

To get to Tottenham Hale the simplest would be Train to Victoria and Victoria Line Underground from there. London Underground not being valid with interrail needing to be paid for separately.

Entirely by interrail valid trains would require Thameslink to Farringdon, Elizabeth Line to Liverpool Street and Greater Anglia from there.

You need to enter the trains you are taking, break a journey down if it won’t show it as one and if it still won’t show then add the trains manually to your pass.