Solved

Three last trains of my trip impossible to book since two months

Hello community,

I really need your help, I’ve been patient but it’s been several months that I’m trying to book trains via https://www.interrail.eu/.
For the last three trains, the error message has changed recently and is now :

“Prices unavailable

No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board.”

Those trains are : 
- Zurich to Prague : 2022/23/07 (21h40 - 10h57+1 day)
- Bratislava to Budapest : 2022/29/07 (17h05 - 19h34)
- Budapest to Balatonszentgyoergy : 2022/08/02 (16h42 - 18h57)

I’ve tried on companies website, calling train services but I’ve achieved nothing yet and I’m afraid everything’s gonna be full soon.

That’s my honeymoon, I’ll be so sad to canceled it.
Can you guide me throught this ? I’m completely clueless.

Have a good trip,

Edit : 
Even on OBB, seat are no availlable for reservation...

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 18:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

# 2+3 do NOT need RES-3 is probably not even possible.

1: has been told here a   few zillion times: forget this app, go direct to oebb.at=austrian rails, and use way as book ticket-later add discount=pass. The train does NOT go to Praha (or maybe still 1 car shunted off?) change at Linz (or maybe Wien=detour). These connections also do NOT have to be REServed. Check via bahn.com-this gives reliable info if RES is needed/optional or not possible.

If that MAV train is IC-you need RES-do it at a yellow MAV machine=300HUF. IF it is ´Gyors´ (what I suspect)-there is NO REServ even possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. The night train Zurich - Prague will probably not run on 23 July. Some planners still contain a through train Zurich - Prague but it looks like there will be a replacement bus Linz - Rybník and no through sleeper coach (I have asked ÖBB what will happen because of their inconsistent info). You can still go this way but you'd have to leave the train in Linz at 5:58, get a rail replacement bus at 6:52 to Rybník, from where you can catch the train to Prague, still arriving at 10:57. Alternatively, you could travel with the night train to Vienna (book via ÖBB; there are 2, with arrival at 7:55 and 8:28) and continue to Prague from there.
  2. Bratislava - Budapest: reservation is optional. Should be possible via ZSSK, CD and ÖBB websites but they currently time out; maybe there's a temporary problem. If you want to book, try again later (after the weekend, or wait until July) or alternatively, book at a ticket office. This can be any ticket office that does international reservations, e.g. in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czechia etc.
  3. Budapest - Balatonszentgyörgy: can be booked via MÁV. Add "International pass global price” as a discount. Price is 300 HUF (~€0.76). Can also be bought at a ticket office in Hungary. There's no need to book a long time in advance. Note that 16:42 is the departure from Budapest-Kelenföld, which is a bit outside the city centre. It starts at 16:35 from Budapest Déli, which is much closer to the centre.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

# 2+3 do NOT need RES-3 is probably not even possible.

1: has been told here a   few zillion times: forget this app, go direct to oebb.at=austrian rails, and use way as book ticket-later add discount=pass. The train does NOT go to Praha (or maybe still 1 car shunted off?) change at Linz (or maybe Wien=detour). These connections also do NOT have to be REServed. Check via bahn.com-this gives reliable info if RES is needed/optional or not possible.

Please do not spread incorrect information, again. Or first verify.

IC trains in Hungary (#3) must be reserved. The night train Zurich - Prague (there is one through coach normally) cannot be booked online via ÖBB but via CD.

Thank you mcadv, I’m not sure to completely understand your answer,
- The two last trains (Bratislava to Budapest 2022/29/07 (17h05 - 19h34) and Budapest to Balatonszentgyoergy : 2022/08/02 (16h42 - 18h57)) don’t need reservations ?
- For the first one (Zurich to Prague : 2022/23/07 (21h40 - 10h57+1 day)) searching for seat-only reservation for two adults with interail pass : I found my train which is going to Praha but I can’t get seats.

tickets not available

1. The night train Zurich - Prague will probably not run on 23 July. Some planners still contain a through train Zurich - Prague but it looks like there will be a replacement bus Linz - Rybník and no through sleeper coach (I have asked ÖBB what will happen because of their inconsistent info). You can still go this way but you'd have to leave the train in Linz at 5:58, get a rail replacement bus at 6:52 to Rybník, from where you can catch the train to Prague, still arriving at 10:57. Alternatively, you could travel with the night train to Vienna (book via ÖBB; there are 2, with arrival at 7:55 and 8:28) and continue to Prague from there.
  2. Bratislava - Budapest: reservation is optional. Should be possible via ZSSK, CD and ÖBB websites but they currently time out; maybe there's a temporary problem. If you want to book, try again later (after the weekend, or wait until July) or alternatively, book at a ticket office. This can be any ticket office that does international reservations, e.g. in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czechia etc.
  3. Budapest - Balatonszentgyörgy: can be booked via MÁV. Add "International pass global price” as a discount. Price is 300 HUF (~€0.76). Can also be bought at a ticket office in Hungary. There's no need to book a long time in advance. Note that 16:42 is the departure from Budapest-Kelenföld, which is a bit outside the city centre. It starts at 16:35 from Budapest Déli, which is much closer to the centre.

Thank you very much, it’s been so hard to find those info. You are a trip saver.
I’m gonna check train to Vienna. I’m very disapointed planners contains fake trains…