Solved

Ticket kaufen wenn man keine Reservierung bekommen kann?

• 18 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hallo

ich habe eine konkrete Frage. Wir möchten von Hamburg nach Fredericia in Dänemark fahren und haben festgestellt, dass es einen reservierunngspflichtigen Abschnitt von Schleswig nach Padborg gibt, für den man aber keine separate Reservierung kaufen kann.

Müssen wir nun ein Ticket für diesen Abschnitt kaufen oder steigen wir mit unserem Global Pass einfach in den Zug?

Danke für eure Antworten, es ist relativ dringend (zeitlich)

Viele Grüße, Kerstin

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 July 2023, 11:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IC trains to Denmark have mandatory reservations. Without them expect a big fine onboard. What is your travel date ?

You can make them at DB ticket counters or on cd.cz for 73 CZK or 3.10€.

This route is very popular so book well in advance ! Alternative :

- RE Hamburg - Flensburg seat reservation not possible

- IC Flensburg - Fredericia seat reservation recommended

Hi,

our travel date is Tuesday, 27th July

So you recommend to buy in advance at a DB ticket counter or online and if not possible anymore, take an alternative route?

Thanks so far for you answer….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

our travel date is Tuesday, 27th July

So you recommend to buy in advance at a DB ticket counter or online and if not possible anymore, take an alternative route?

Booking a reservation online does not work via DB when the reservation is mandatory. But it does work on cd.cz (and it's cheaper too), so first try there. For the alternatives, you can book online via DB, so you have a reservation for all trains for €4.90 in total.

Thank you for your answers, very helpful!! Best wishes, Kerstin

One year ago I thought I had the same problem and I went to the information desk of Deutsche Bahn and they told me there is one train that does not require reservations (it was around noon). They printed out the itinerary for me and I took the train. Indeed reservations were not required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One year ago I thought I had the same problem and I went to the information desk of Deutsche Bahn and they told me there is one train that does not require reservations (it was around noon). They printed out the itinerary for me and I took the train. Indeed reservations were not required.

Already last year there were several trains in the course of the day that didn't require reservations. But you would only find them in the timetable if you forced "via Flensburg”, just like this year. That's Plan B. Plan C is via Niebüll, where there are no trains with mandatory reservations.