Solved

ticket not available nightjet 402

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I'm trying to book a night train from Zürich to Amsterdam, but it seems to be impossible. I am able to find a train called 'Nightjet 402', but  when I try to get tickets to it using ÖBB app, it just says 'ticket not available'. I have tried many other apps and websites, too. And I have tried many different dates. 

Do I have to get tickets to that train at the train station? Or is there some way to book those in advance (seat reservations or tickets)? 

(I have interrail global pass)

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 June 2023, 12:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When would you like your travel ? Night trains are very popular and can sell out weeks in advance, especially this one. Most of the summer is sold out. As a note : there's always more availability from Basel.

Check and book on nightjet.com (no booking fee), the operator's website.

However seating carriages on this train do not require seat reservations, you can simply board. But the carriage will be fully lit and frankly you won't be able to sleep (not recommended).

If you let us know your travel date, we'll gladly help.

Planned trip will happen in the beginning of August

I checked the tickets to this train a few weeks ago already, and already then those were unavailable

I don't think I'm able to book (interrail prized) ticket in nightjet.com 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There is no difference between regular ticket and interrail availability on nightjet trains.

To book on nightjet.com or oebb.at you need to add interrail as discount for each passenger and search for tickets NOT seat only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's not a date...

I checked the tickets to this train a few weeks ago already, and already then those were unavailable

As said: also check availability from Basel. If you use nightjet.com, then you can't use the wrong option that causes "ticket not available”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't think I'm able to book (interrail prized) ticket in nightjet.com 

It is totally possible that it is sold out. I've booked Amsterdam - Zurich in February for August and it was the last couchette available.

But as said, if you want precise advice, give us the travel date please