Solved

tickets from barcelona to cadiz

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I am looking to travel from Barcelona to Cadiz on the 2nd of August and back on the 6th of August.

So far I could get reservations online for part of the trip on the Eurail site but for other parts it was sold out or not possible to reserve.

-So I was wondering if I could either book a ticket somewhere online for parts of the trip that I could not reserve? and what site you would recommend for this? I saw for example “Thetrainline’ but am not sure if I could trust it or if there are better sites. 

-or how I could find a (regional) train that is not needed to reserve from Sevilla to Cadiz ( this part is the hardest to find reservations for)

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 24 July 2023, 10:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should be able to buy Barcelona - (Madrid-Atocha) - Sevilla on eurail.com.

On 2nd August you'll have to travel via Madrid (2 x 12€).

On 6th August the direct train from Sevilla is available : 16:07 - 21:50. Otherwise via Madrid (2 x 12€). Book ASAP.

The Sevilla - Cadiz trains aren't available on Interrail/Eurail it seems. Buy them when you arrive in Spain, at any train station.

Thank you for your answer, but I more or less did this but there are already hardly any trains available anymore between Cadiz and Sevilla if I look on the Renfe online timetable. Is there an alternative without a reservation needed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah but RENFE is weird and does the same thing as other operators (SNCF mainly...).

If you try to book Madrid - Sevilla - Cadiz you'll discover that all MD trains are available for the last leg. Same for the return. They knowingly prevent the sale of Sevilla - Cadiz only tickets in favour of more expensive tickets from Madrid. (I'm not sure if that's even legal but that's another topic.)

That's why I'm confident that you can get Sevilla - Cadiz reservations at a train station. Does someone have more info on that ?

There's no other alternative that I know, even regional trains require seat reservations in Spain...

oh thanks, I did not know regional trains require seat reservations too

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah Spain isn't exactly pass friendly…

Worst case : I'm sure there are frequent buses between Sevilla and Cadiz. But best book the long-distance AVEs well in advance.