Solved

Time zones?

• 18 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I’m traveling through Europe from April to May, and I’m getting ready way ahead, and working on a schedule.

My question is simple: I’ve understood how the global pass works and I already have the trips selected, I’m just about to reserve the seats.  My question is… How do train times work according to time zones?

For example, on Sat. 22nd April, I will travel from London to Verona. One of the trains I’m reserving leaves London at 07:55h and arrives to Paris at 11:27h.  The thing is that Paris (and mostly the rest of Europe) timezone is +1 hour than the UK.  How does this affect my train times?  If the app says the train leaves at 07:55h, does it really leave at 06:55h (UK time) and I must do all the movements for security control and pasaport checks an hour before the schedule I’ve planned?

I hope you can help me!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 January 2023, 08:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Times listed are local for both stations. London - Paris is approx 2h20 journey time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Train time tables work like airline time tables. All departure times and arrival times are in local time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And all of the main continent is in same time-zone. Lon-Par takes about 2,5 hrs sitting in the fast €* train. This is also about the only train where you really have to be time before for all the checks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

And all of the main continent is in same time-zone.

Portugal isn’t.