Solved

To make reservation, I need to activate the pass according to Renfe

Good morningI have a doubt with the reservations because as Renfe (Spain) has indicated to me, to make the reservations I must activate my global pass. However, I don't know if I activate this pass so far in advance, it could expire the date of use because I have bought a 1-month global pass. could you help me?
icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 July 2022, 09:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can activate the pass, with the start date in the future, the day when you will start your travel. Then you go to RENFE, buy your reservation and immediately deactivate your pass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

When I try to activate my global mobile pass, it asks me to associate the pass with a trip. However, according to the recommendations sent, I should not associate the pass with a trip until the time of travel.

Can I associate my pass to a trip and then activate it with a date in the future, buy the tickets, and immediately deactivate it without losing travel days?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can I associate my pass to a trip and then activate it with a date in the future, buy the tickets, and immediately deactivate it without losing travel days?

Thanks again

A Trip is not the same as a journey. It is no problem to connect your pass to a Trip. That you must do. The Trip is the collection of all journeys that you will take.

You can also connect journeys to your Trip in advance.

What you should not do in advance is to connect a journey from your Trip to your pass. That is the step that activates a travel day. 

Please ask again if something is unclear.