Solved

TPER Emilia-Romagna Trains

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am traveling through Emilia-Romagna, and I am struggling to find the TPER trains within the Eurail app. Reading other posts on here, it appears that the TPER trains are covered by Eurail, and I can see certain lines (Parma - Borgo Val di Toro - La Spezia), but other lines like Parma - Fiorenzuola - Piacenza aren’t in the Eurail app at all.

Additionally, the Regionale Veloce trains show as seat reservation required, but all are unavailable on the Eurail reservation system (not even showing the 0 EUR reservation cost). Is it possible to use these trains?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 April 2022, 17:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trenitalia-TPER don't share their timetables with the rest of the world. And the app should not be used to plan anyway since it doesn't get enough updates to be reliable. Use national planners or apps and the DB planner or DB Navigator app for international planning (it will have the same omissions as the app but it will be more up to date for the timetables is does contain). Use the Trenitalia website for Italy; it contains the Trenitalia-TPER trains. You will have to add them to My Trip manually.

Regionale Veloce do not have mandatory reservations. This is an error in the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

SOME more busy RV trains/lines have (or had now??) special extra requirement to contain the total nr of pax as anti-covid measure. As has been posted here before too in some items. No idea how strict they adhere to that or if it even still is there or even how to do-I suppose visit the counter. Perhaps angelo, who posts here also every now&then is on the current with this weeks situation?

Trenitalia-TPER don't share their timetables with the rest of the world. And the app should not be used to plan anyway since it doesn't get enough updates to be reliable. Use national planners or apps and the DB planner or DB Navigator app for international planning (it will have the same omissions as the app but it will be more up to date for the timetables is does contain). Use the Trenitalia website for Italy; it contains the Trenitalia-TPER trains. You will have to add them to My Trip manually.

Regionale Veloce do not have mandatory reservations. This is an error in the app.

so to confirm, the eurail  pass is valid on any of the Trenitalia-TPER regional trains, as long as I add it manually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

so to confirm, the eurail  pass is valid on any of the Trenitalia-TPER regional trains, as long as I add it manually?

That seems to be the case, to the best of my knowledge.