Skip to main content
Solved

Train cancelled

• 25 July 2024
  • 3 replies

a train from France from Nice to Cannes was cancelled after I activated it as a travel day. Unfortunately, I can't find any information anywhere about the fact that all trains were cancelled at that time due to an accident. Unfortunately, there is no other way for me to get my travel day back (I no longer have the bus ticket). That was on July 20, 2024

3 replies

Badge +5

Your best bet is to contact Eurail support as they may be able to add a day if you have a digital pass. What happened to you is why you must NEVER activate a day until just before you board the first train

Yeah normally I don‘t activate it before, but i needed to scan the ticket, to get to the platform..

I did, they told us to send a picture that the train was really cancelled… and I can‘t find it anywhere.

Badge +5

I don’t know how you could get that info but Eurail should have a contact in SNCF as they have a database of all delays and cancellations on the network. In UK this information can be found in a few clicks. Anyone know if there is a portal for SNCF? Otherwise put the ball in Eurail’s court and ask them what you can possibly do to get the iinfo they want. I’d point out you never activate a pass day in advance but you had to access the platforms and SNCF information is often late to non existent. Good luck and don’t give up!