Solved

Train from Bordoeaux to Holland

• 3 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 12 replies

I need to travel form bordeaux back home to Holland, I need to Book the fast train but when I use this site https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish. I can see only France cities,  on what website I can reservation my place on the fast train

Thanks 

Tsafi

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 3 August 2023, 21:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which fast train exactly do you want to book? Route, date, departure time.

The URL you posted is for domestic TGVs/Intercités in France only.

Badge

Thanks for quick answer,

The day is 11-8 in the morning and the train is TGV and THA (I need the fast train until brussel and from there is all local train)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thalys can be booked on the Interrail website or here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are no Thalys trains available at all that day so you'll probably have to go via Lille.

Either direct TGV to Lille-Europe really early : 05:58 - 10:40 20€ or via Paris (with the usual station transfer). Also possible :

- TGV Bordeaux St-Jean - Marne-la-Vallée 08:54 - 12:24 20€

- TGV Marne-la-Vallée - Lille-Europe 12:51 - 14:24 20€ 2nd class or 19€ 1st class (with 2nd class pass)

From there reservation-free trains to your destination.

Badge

Thanks for the help

Badge

What do you mean with

TGV Marne-la-Vallée - Lille-Europe 12:51 - 14:24 20€ 2nd class or 19€ 1st class (with 2nd class pass

Can I travel 1class when I have 2 class passes?

And is 1 class is cheaper then 2class?

​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What do you mean with

TGV Marne-la-Vallée - Lille-Europe 12:51 - 14:24 20€ 2nd class or 19€ 1st class (with 2nd class pass

Can I travel 1class when I have 2 class passes?

Yes you can, in France. There's a special reservation for that, and it includes a price for the upgrade from 2nd to 1st; this upgrade price depends on the distance.

And is 1 class is cheaper then 2class?​​​

That can happen in some cases. A reservation normally costs €10, which has limited availability, and when those are fully booked, it's €20. For this train, there are only €20 reservations left in 2nd class, but in 1st class, there are still €10 reservations, plus €9 for the upgrade.

Badge

Many thanks.