Solved

Train from Hamburg to Copenhagen - no longer a train

• 12 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi! A few weeks ago I added the train from Hamburg to Copenhagen at 10.53-15.35 on the 6th of August to the interrail app. Now my friends have tried to do the same thing but it says it is no longer a train even though I checked on the Germany Rail Transport website (Deutsche Bahn) that it is still an existing train. What could be the problem? I specify that it was not a train that needed a reservation.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 July 2022, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi! A few weeks ago I added the train from Hamburg to Copenhagen at 10.53-15.35 on the 6th of August to the interrail app. Now my friends have tried to do the same thing but it says it is no longer a train even though I checked on the Germany Rail Transport website (Deutsche Bahn) that it is still an existing train. What could be the problem? I specify that it was not a train that needed a reservation.

In the summer the IC trains between Denmark and Germany need a reservation. There seems to be a problem with the update of the trains on this route in the app. As long as the train is in the timetable of DB and DSB (the Danish Railway) everything is fine. 

Do you know how I can make a reservation on the DB or DSB website using my interrail pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

yes, I recommend to use DSB: DSB Udland (b-europe.com) (about 4€) it cost less then via Interrail.eu (8€) or via CD.cz (about 3€)

Thank you!

Hi! I have an interrail global pass and I just realized that I bought the same tickets twice for the direct Hamburg-Copenhagen route. I would then have four extra tickets. Is there by any chance a way to sell them/get a refund or change the destination?