Solved

Train from Rome to Milan August 2023

• 2 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to book a direct train from Rome to Milan on the 15th of august, and yet it says that there is no direct service for that day. yet when I change the date to the week before or the week after the 15th the direct train is available. I'm wondering is the train down for that week, or is timetable not out yet, or if there is something I'm missing so that I can book the direct train. Thank you

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 2 June 2023, 14:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are engineering works that week so the timetable hasn't been published yet...

15th August is a big holiday too in Italy so a lot of people will be travelling. You'll need to book in advance (usually on the day itself there are seats remaining but probably not that day).

so will they be running a direct train that week or is it just a case that the timetable isnt out yet ?

There are engineering works that week so the timetable hasn't been published yet...

15th August is a big holiday too in Italy so a lot of people will be travelling. You'll need to book in advance (usually on the day itself there are seats remaining but probably not that day).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We don't know for sure yet but high-speed trains should definitely run (I don't know how it would be possible otherwise).

The timetable for high-speed trains hasn't been published for that week, precisely due to the engineering works