Skip to main content
Solved

Train Goteborg Oslo reservation in July not possible

• 28 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, I plan to travel from Copenhagen to Oslo via Goteborg on July 18th. I have a first class interrail ticket 5 days in one month. I wanted to make a reservation since the forecast on the VY website is from “usually quite full” to “usually standing”. But it is not possible (chat with entur). I have to buy an ordinary ticket to be able to make a seat reservation 😕. Unfortunatly I am not very flexible and being 64 I rather don’t want to stand for almost 4 hours. Does anybody know how the chances are to get a seat? Thanks for any helpful advice!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are reservations even possible? I wouldn't worry much about availability, especially in 1st class.

(That train is operated by Vy Norway and thus should be on Entur. If the chat doesn't work is there an email or call number?)

This is what their website says when I look for the connection:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't make a seat reservation on that route as far as I know. Just come to the station like 10 minutes before the departure to be amongst the first to board the train. 

We took that train a couple of days ago. We also understood that reservations were not possible, but someone came on board at a later station and claimed our seats !!  So it is apparently possible to book a seat, though I think there are very few that do that.

The train is operated by Vy and was a noisy bumpy ride, not something to look forward to. 

We took that train a couple of days ago. We also understood that reservations were not possible, but someone came on board at a later station and claimed our seats !!  So it is apparently possible to book a seat, though I think there are very few that do that.

The train is operated by Vy and was a noisy bumpy ride, not something to look forward to. 

According to Entur reservation is only possible if you buy an ordinary ticket….not for interrail pass holders…

Are reservations even possible? I wouldn't worry much about availability, especially in 1st class.

(That train is operated by Vy Norway and thus should be on Entur. If the chat doesn't work is there an email or call number?)

This is what their website says when I look for the connection:

This is the Formats on vy website

thats we I want to make a reservation. But according to Entur Chat it is Not possible for interrail pass holder, only when you buy a ticket