Solved

Train not found in the interrail app

• 14 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I want to take the train between Goteborg and Oslo on September 17th (saturday) at 7:55.

I found this train on the vy website, but i can't find it in the interrail app. I already called Entur, originally to get a train reservation, only to learn that this train doesn't need a reservation and with an interrail ticket i can hop on as i like.

The problem is, I can't take a train which i cannot add in the interrail app.

I've already read some similar questions on this platform, but i can't i add a train manually (it is a direct train, or maybe i am too dumb for this), and i am sure that this train is a train covered by the interrail global pass.

Does anybody have a plan?

Thanks in advance ;)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 September 2022, 13:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In the results screen of the planner, scroll to the bottom and there you will see "Add it manually” (or the same in German).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You seem to have added a filter to your search. I have no problem finding the train in the planner.

Thanks for the fast replies!

I managed to add it manually, so i think it will work. I didn't add any filter, so I don't know why my app doesn't show the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe updating the app is often also helpful, the app works offline and gets the timetable updates via the appstore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have the latest app update (25.4.0) and I can't find that train in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe updating the app is often also helpful, the app works offline and gets the timetable updates via the appstore. 

Is that correct?

If you don’t update the app the timetables are out of date and journey searches are meaningless.

Surely the app searches via the Internet - It can’t store full European timetables in a phone memory, can it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It depends in WHAT it searches.

Having just taken that train a few days ago (but on mo-fr it starts 10.15 fra Góteborg, I can vouch its absolutely RES free and there was ample space. Kondukt/oren hatte soagr noch eine NO/NSB DB_style Stempelzange dabei-auch wenn etwa jedermann tickets aufs fone hatte.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

If you don’t update the app the timetables are out of date and journey searches are meaningless.

Surely the app searches via the Internet - It can’t store full European timetables in a phone memory, can it?

The timetable in the rail planner app is completely offline, which, together with the low update frequency, is the main reason it should not be used to plan.

There are normally 2 or 3 updates per week from the European Timetable Centre but the rail planner app does not have updates nearly as frequent.