Train Paris, France to Krakow, Poland

• 25 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Train - Paris to Krakow.  We need to find a higher speed train to get from Paris to Krakow in 2 days.  Traveling in July.  Need a little help!  We are from the USA.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You mean something like this?

Found with the Deutsche Bahn planner.

You didn't give a date, so this is with departure on 3 July. The night train Paris - Vienna runs from Paris on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Reservations mandatory for Paris - Vienna and Břeclav - Kraków; both can be done via ÖBB. For the night train, use these steps; for the other train(s), choose "Seat only”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Paris - Frankfurt - Berlin - Krakow :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you find a reasonable journey via that route? I'm afraid it's a bit too long (~20 hours) to be done during the daytime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hint (mostly for insiders): use the overniter Ber-via PL (Katowice? Opole?-CZ to HU), can reach that from PAr (pay a lot more for Thalys), then short distance inside PL-this wil cost much less as travelday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you find a reasonable journey via that route? I'm afraid it's a bit too long (~20 hours) to be done during the daytime.

Question was in 2 days :) 

Paris - Frankfurt- Berlin 

Berlin - Krakow 

Another possible Route is

Paris - Cologne - Night ICE - Berlin - Krakow 

@mcadv 

Nighttrain to Budapest=Vienna carry till Wroclaw standard EC Coaches (there is a connection to the train that took till last december the Through coaches via Krakow  to Przemysl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hint (mostly for insiders): use the overniter Ber-via PL (Katowice? Opole?-CZ to HU), can reach that from PAr (pay a lot more for Thalys), then short distance inside PL-this wil cost much less as travelday.

You may want to check the schedules before suggesting this.

I’m wading through all of this, thanks for the helpful responses.