Solved

train reservatio

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m looking to book the night train from split to Budapest. I can see the option on the MAV website to book the 6 bed couchette and add the rail discount. But I haven’t brought my pass yet. 

am I able to reserve these seats and pay without having purchased my pass yet. 

thanks 

Edit:  it says on the interrail website a reservation for this night train is £13 however on the Hungarian railway website it charges €60 for the sleeper even after interrail pass discount has been selected. 

could anyone give some advice on this. The 18:27 train from split on the 7th September 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 August 2022, 01:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Edit:  it says on the interrail website a reservation for this night train is £13 however on the Hungarian railway website it charges €60 for the sleeper even after interrail pass discount has been selected.

It could be that only a Double sleeper was available (59€). At this time, I don't see this train anymore on the MÁV website so it looks like it is fully booked on 7 September.

The cheapest option on this train is (when available) a couchette in a 6-person compartment for 33€.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You canNOT only book spae with pass via mav.

IF any space reamins-unlikely at end of season, have to in peson at any station in Hrvatska or HU.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You canNOT only book spae with pass via mav.

IF any space reamins-unlikely at end of season, have to in peson at any station in Hrvatska or HU.

You can book reservations only for this train on https://jegy.mav.hu/ just like I said. You should have a look before writing about it.