Solved

Train Reservations advice for my route. Required and how to book?

Hello,

I am looking for the easiest/cheapest way to book train reservations on the following routes:

Paris to Lyon

Lyon to Nice

Nice to Riomaggiore - do I need a reservation for this route?

Riomaggiore to Florence - do i need a reservation for this route?

Florence to Rome

Rome to Venice 

Vienna to Prague - reservation needed?

Prague to Dresden - reservation needed?

Dresden to Berlin - reservation needed?

Berlin to Cologne - reservation needed?

Cologne to Amsterdam - reservation needed?

Amsterdam to Paris

I am mostly struggling with figuring out what websites to book the reservation for France domestic travel. Some opinions on my other routes would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 July 2022, 20:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Paris to Lyon best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SBB CFF FFS, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

Lyon to Nice best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SBB CFF FFS, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

Nice to Riomaggiore - do I need a reservation for this route? Not on regional trains

Riomaggiore to Florence - do i need a reservation for this route? Not on regional trains

Florence to Rome via ÖBB online. Look for this tutorial  - it is a bit tricky

Rome to Venice same via tickets.oebb.at

Vienna to Prague - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB or CD.cz seat only option

Prague to Dresden - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Dresden to Berlin - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Berlin to Cologne - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Cologne to Amsterdam - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Amsterdam to Paris best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 2 fist legs In FR CAN be done on local TER trains=without any RES (both routes ev 2 hrs) but that will take much longer-you can simply use the option on app/planner ´trains without RES´.

Direct Ly->N has very few trains-more choice of you change in Marseille to local TER, from there over same rails anyway.

I assume this Rmag is in the 5 earth? Then change: go direct from there along coast to Roma-then Fir-then Vnz.

You also did not clearly state for When-when its after summer, from sept, from Wien onward simply do not bother-its all  otpional-but B-Ams can get pretty full with noisy pasholders large groups in summer.

Ams->P is direct and hi-cost on hi-speed Thalys-again cut the cost and go via Antwerpen-Lille (changes) and use FRench TGV from there.

The 2 fist legs In FR CAN be done on local TER trains=without any RES (both routes ev 2 hrs) but that will take much longer-you can simply use the option on app/planner ´trains without RES´.

Direct Ly->N has very few trains-more choice of you change in Marseille to local TER, from there over same rails anyway.

I assume this Rmag is in the 5 earth? Then change: go direct from there along coast to Roma-then Fir-then Vnz.

You also did not clearly state for When-when its after summer, from sept, from Wien onward simply do not bother-its all  otpional-but B-Ams can get pretty full with noisy pasholders large groups in summer.

Ams->P is direct and hi-cost on hi-speed Thalys-again cut the cost and go via Antwerpen-Lille (changes) and use FRench TGV from there.

thanks for this! Yes the later half of my trip is in the off season, so hopefully i can get away with reserving only the “musts”!

I will look into the Nice routes you suggested!