Solved

Train to Granada from Paris

Hi. I am travelling as a family of 3 adults. I wish to know what is the best way to travel via eurail from Paris Gare Du Nord to Granada. I see same train number 9713 leaving from Gare du Nord and Gare du Lyon to Barcelona. Are they the same? We are hoping to see the Alhambra, and from there going to Malaga by train.

We intend to go to Morocco by ferry for a day or two and after that planning to go Switzerland.  We would like to avoid long stopover if possible. Else we have to book a hotel for the night. Which is the best ferry to take to Morocco. Is it covered in the Eurail Pass. Thanks

icon

Best answer by ralderton 10 May 2024, 08:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All trains from Paris to Spain leave from Gare De Lyon, in the south of the city. If you’re at Gare du Nord, you’d need to take a local RER train (not included in the pass) for 10 minutes.

Train 9713 will take you to Barcelona. You then need to take at least one more train to reach Granada. You can just reach Granada the same day, if you take the train to Madrid departing at 1725, then change again to reach Granada at 2336. (Alternatively, stop off somewhere along the route if you want to break the journey up!)

You’ll need to make reservations on all these trains.

None of the ferries to Morocco are covered by Eurail. You can get a ferry from Tarifa.

From Spain to Switzerland, you can get a train from Madrid or Barcelona to Lyon, then connect to Geneva on a TER.

All trains from Paris to Spain leave from Gare De Lyon, in the south of the city. If you’re at Gare du Nord, you’d need to take a local RER train (not included in the pass) for 10 minutes.

Train 9713 will take you to Barcelona. You then need to take at least one more train to reach Granada. You can just reach Granada the same day, if you take the train to Madrid departing at 1725, then change again to reach Granada at 2336. (Alternatively, stop off somewhere along the route if you want to break the journey up!)

You’ll need to make reservations on all these trains.

None of the ferries to Morocco are covered by Eurail. You can get a ferry from Tarifa.

From Spain to Switzerland, you can get a train from Madrid or Barcelona to Lyon, then connect to Geneva on a TER.

Thank you for your detailed reply. Appreciate it. :)