Solved

train with two different names

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hey!

I’m trying to make seat reservations to a train from Ljubljana to Rijeka (8:30 am - 11:12 am) on 12th of May since the Rail Planner says that seat reservation are required. In the app the name/number of the train is EN 60237 but when I try to book with CD (Ceske Drahy) on their website the train number is INT 481 OPATIJA. The route and schedule of the trains seems to be the same so is it okay to book the seats with CD ?

And extra question if anybody knows the answer… I wanted to travel from Budapest to Graz on 8th of May with direct connection (4:29 pm - 9:20 pm). I tried to make the seat reservation already in March, but both CD and Eurail said that the train is temporarily unavailable for reservations or the prices are unavailable. Today I checked the Hungarian website (MAV-START) and according to it the train is fully booked. Rail Planner says seat reservations are optional for that route, but since we don’t have seats booked does this mean we don’t have any chance to catch that train ? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2024, 14:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservation is not required for train 481.

Train 60237 consist of just one sleeping carriage (from Stuttgart), that is attached to train 481 in Ljubljana.

As to IC 310: It is unlikely that this train is already fully booked, even from Szentgotthárd. I suspect the timetable is not final yet and reservations are not open yet. I see you can't book reservations for this train starting from 27 April. Just try regularly, or book at a ticket office a few days in advance.

Thank you very much!

Is the INT 481 still included in the Interrail pass even though it doesn’t show up in the Rail Planner? Because we don’t need a sleeping carriage for that connection so just wondering if we can travel in INT 481😅

Where did you find this date (27th April) for the ticket reservation to IC310? 😌

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Whether a train shows up in the rail planner app is irrelevant. You can always add it manually. It IS actually in the planner, if you check the departure times from Ljubljana.

For IC310 I just played around a bit on tickets.oebb.at.

Thank you so much for your help! I didn’t realise to use the departure search before, so always learning something new :)