Solved

Trains from Vienna Hbf to Vienna airport

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi - I’m looking at trains from Vienna Hbf to the airport for 2nd May and the OBB timetable is only showing a couple of options available in the morning. Most of them say ‘Ticket not available’ either with or without the Interrail pass filter on. Does this mean they are all fully booked already? I want to leave from Hbf as I’m staying near there. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Hektor 13 February 2024, 13:50

View original

3 replies

There is a frequent service a few times every hour (about 4 trains per hour, some of them with a change) from the main station.

No need to reserve anything. Just hop on the train.

If a connection does show no availability it means that it is not possible to reserve it (not that it’s fully booked). But even if it’s possible to do a reservation there’s no need to do so. Just hop on the next available connection when you’re at the station. It’s just a short trip anyway.

Thank you @Hektor That’s what I thought but because the website is saying no tickets available it looks as though availability is limited

Thanks for the reassuring explanation @Hektor I’m new to all this - you can probably tell! - so it’s really helpful to ask questions and get quick replies from experts. Thank you