Solved

Transfer time enough in Dombås,Norway?

• 27 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi We are planning to go from Bergen on 6 April 2023 ( but haven’t yet booked train from Oslo to Bergen! ) to Andalsnes over the Easter period… Both day and night trains only have a 7 minute transfer time at Donbas (to Andalsnes) Is this enough? Is it a big station? … the next train if we miss the connection is 12 hours later 😞. 
Also , is it a good time (Easter) to travel through Scandinavia or should we change our plans? I’m not sure how long holidays they have but believe everything closes. 
We have 1st class passes … if I ring up Entur will I get the seat reservations for free or is that only if I book in person at Oslo or another station. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 27 March 2023, 13:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I guess you mean Dombås ? Donbas (in Ukraine) is not a place where you want to be at the moment.

The only station that can be considered “big” in Norway is Oslo S. The rest of the stations in Norway only have a few platforms.

Which trains you’re looking at exactly?

The train to Åndalsnes is a small side line, the reason it still exists is because it always connect to the train on the main line (Oslo-Trondheim, Dovrebanen). Note that you can go also more direct from Bergen to Åndalsnes with buses, in stead of the long way round via train. It’s a very long travel day. But the buses are not included in the pass of course.

6-7-8-9-10 april is indeed a long weekend in Norway, supermarkets might be closed, although there are always smaller sunday side shops open. Attractions, café, restaurants will be open.

And yes, you should call/chat/mail EnTur to get your (free) seat reservation, preferably very soon. The 6th will be a popular travel day for Norwegians to get to their families.

Thanks for your reply . I did try and send a response earlier when we were out but that doesn’t seem to have gone! We are in our sixties and this is all new to us so apologies if we are asking daft questions. 
yes , I did mean Norway.

I have just looked at buses but that takes about 11 hours and is not cheap so will stick to the train if we can get seat reservations free.

do you think 7 mins transfer at Donbas is doable. I will try and send you a screenshot of the train times 

Sorry I’ve tried to send a screenshot but unfortunately it’s not showing on here … obviously have done something wrong!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

7 minutes at Dombås, not Donbas, will be fine. You will most likely not be the only travellers changing trains. 

Thanks for that … yes we are going to Norway.

thanks again