Skip to main content
Solved

Transit Platforms App Planner / Real Time Overview

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

As I have noticed, the Rail Planner app is not the best choice to track the platforms and changes in time of trains as it is not really updated. Then, is there an app that I can search all of my trains and can see the live tracker of time of arrival/delays, and which platforms I need to get on and off? 

I know it is possible to see the screen on the station, but my trip consists of multiple big trip with 3-4 transits and I need to hop and and off very quickly in some of them. It would be very nice to be able to live track my train when I am in it, then see which platform it will arrive on, and see which platform I need to be for my next train. So I already have an idea in mind before getting of the train.

Most app like trainline, DB app (please tell me if i’m wrong), offer the live updates thing, but I think I can only plan my trip if I purchase the tickets on their app itself. But if we have interaill pass, we don’t really “book” any of our trips, only the ones with seat reservation.

Can anyone help with this? As this is my first time interrailing I’m pretty scared on finding the transit trains and all. Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, on DB Navigator you can add trains to your favourit and get than push messages via app. 

I use it often. On most apps of the train companies is it possible.

But there is no app for all of europe that has live data.

In the beta version of the Railplanner App you should see delays and tracks. But I don't know how good the data is. Also there is sometimes a problem with like information or notice, they are for the same train only in the app of the train company. Please keep in mind that trains in most cases change train company at the border.

Badge

Heyy! Thank you so much! I tried to do it, is it this bookmark feature like the one I attached in this pic?

“Please keep in mind that trains in most cases change train company at the border.” > and what does this mean sorry? Does that mean I need to switch train even though it’s not stated? or, I should just switch the app to see when it arrives for example, as the train now is counted as the new country’s company?

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No you don't need to change trains if it is stated that it is a train that goes all the way over the border. Just it changes the staff and company. For live data you can change app.