Solved

Travel in Romenia

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

When a night train has this information (2nd class - IRT 2 classe) it’s because doesnt’t have a place to sleep on the reservation? Thank you!
​​​​
Another question, when I’m looking for the connections in romenia, it appears this (but it’s not possible to make the reservation) or that “Prices unavailable No price results were found. Pass holder reservations may be sold out for this connection, but there are other ways to check for available seats—more info below our timetable.”, what can I do in order to plan my trip in romenia, any advices?

icon

Best answer by Gordon_Matheus 25 March 2024, 18:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
  1. No , it means, that the reservation is included in the ticket, if you buy one normal ticket that is. It also means a reservation is mandatory on that train, unfortunately this particular night train can only be booked at the station in Hungary.

2. Generally speaking domestic seat reservations are not bookable outside of Romania, so you would need to go to the ticket counter at Brasov station. But your second train should be rather cheap (as rail transport is in Eastern Europe) so if you have a flexipass (i.e. x days in y months) It would be a waste of travel days to use it on such a journey. Better buy a full fare ticket on the cfr calatori website (and tickets can be purchased online).

Your first train continues to Bucarest anyway, is there a reason for you to change at Brasov ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. No , it means, that the reservation is included in the ticket, if you buy one normal ticket that is. It also means a reservation is mandatory on that train, unfortunately this particular night train can only be booked at the station in Hungary.

Probably also in other countries. From Budapest, reservation works on the MÁV website, but not from Szolnok.

Userlevel 2

Probably also in other countries. From Budapest, reservation works on the MÁV website, but not from Szolnok.

Yeah, but that’s an issue, as they could resell your reservation (if made from Budapest to Brasov) if you don’t claim your berth.

Also on the MAV website, the price is the same for the ISTER wether or not I have an interrail discount added. I can book the IC Corona though !