Solved

Travelling inside your own country

• 23 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi ! :)

I’m french and I need to book a ticket from Montpellier to Marseille with my interrail global pass, to then go to Italy. But at the train station, I was told by the machine that this ticket with interrail global pass is only available for people who don’t live in France… While it is said on the interrail website “ An Interrail Global Pass is valid for travel in your country of residence during one outbound journey and one inbound journey that occur during travel days at any point in your trip.”

Can someone tell me what to do actually ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 May 2023, 18:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is unfortunate. Maybe go to a ticket counter or try again at a ticket machine. At what point did you have to specify your country of residence ? You could also call SNCF or book on interrail.eu (2€ booking fee).

Btw there are also reservation-free TER trains to Marseille at 05:35 (Monday-Friday), 06:37, 07:37 (Mo-Fr), 09:13 (Saturday-Sunday), 15:35, 17:37 or more trains via Avignon

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can also book it via Belgian Railways website: https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish (+ 4 Euro booking fee) you need a cover number

But best thing in this case if possible to go to a SNCF ticket office, would be the solution that cost less.