Solved

trip and reservation (italy-france-spain)

• 20 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I would like to buy a global pass cause i will go to morrocco by france and spain.

I have few questions:

• the pass cost 1594 for 5 people per 7 days, but the place reservations aren’t included right?How i can reserved the places? i see some people used global pass on official trains websites...is possibile?
  • I see Balearia (ferry from spain to morocco)...is included in the global pass? how i can do the reservation?
  • how i can see the exactly price for the place reservation? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 20 April 2022, 09:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you had taken just the odd extra minute-about all is already published on the site of eurail. Look at country info. There is also a special list with all REServation fees.

You have chosen about the most difficult countries for all the extraś, esp. ESpana has won the 1st price in making it very difficult for pass-users: all longer dist. trains MUST be reserved and canNOT be done online-go to counter whilst there-with big risk in hi-season/summer the trains about anyone wants to use are fully booked.

There are around 7 different ferry-companies from ES to MA-some may give a tiny discount, mostly for junior or Moroccons going home. Just check their sites (use google, in case you never heard about that) and they will also do the bookings. NOte that some now only take people+CARs and this often means their ports are far from towns and hard to reach by bus. The shortest ferry is Algesiras/ES to Ceuta (as this is also ES its domestic and thus cheaper), or near Tanger. There you can just turn up and buy ticket-in most times.

Many years ago a INterRail was also accepted on trains in Morocco-but that is no more. They now have a FRench built superfast TGV-lookalike train Tanger-Rabat-Casablanca, ev hour or an overnight/CoRail type Tanger-Marrakesh.

If you had taken just the odd extra minute-about all is already published on the site of eurail. Look at country info. There is also a special list with all REServation fees.

You have chosen about the most difficult countries for all the extraś, esp. ESpana has won the 1st price in making it very difficult for pass-users: all longer dist. trains MUST be reserved and canNOT be done online-go to counter whilst there-with big risk in hi-season/summer the trains about anyone wants to use are fully booked.

There are around 7 different ferry-companies from ES to MA-some may give a tiny discount, mostly for junior or Moroccons going home. Just check their sites (use google, in case you never heard about that) and they will also do the bookings. NOte that some now only take people+CARs and this often means their ports are far from towns and hard to reach by bus. The shortest ferry is Algesiras/ES to Ceuta (as this is also ES its domestic and thus cheaper), or near Tanger. There you can just turn up and buy ticket-in most times.

Many years ago a INterRail was also accepted on trains in Morocco-but that is no more. They now have a FRench built superfast TGV-lookalike train Tanger-Rabat-Casablanca, ev hour or an overnight/CoRail type Tanger-Marrakesh.

Thank you so much for your answer, I’m half morrocan so i know ferry from es to MA. We use train cause my mother doesn’t like fly...So is better to reserve on trains’ websites…and then use boraq from tangeri to casablanca. Hope to find places for august. 

i didn’t know about ferry’s discount! i will search, thank you so much!